2.11.2009

One Month! Woohoo!!

We have survived one whole month SO FAR! Woohoo! I can't believe she is already one month old. Time has really flown for us this time around. This past week she has been what I call "sleeping through the night" because she is now sleeping for up to 5 hours at night. I have not fixed her schedule just yet for it to be the typical sleeping through the night that begins at eleven...according to all of the books. I just let her sleep from nine or ten to when she wakes to dreamfeed. How exciting! We are doing good when we get sleep, but this week I have been dealing with a gassy little one, therefore, it was not every night. I made lasagna with onions and garlic in the meat sauce...and she was not having it. Hopefully, one day she will share my passion for Italian deliciousness, but for now she is on hold. Other than that, everything is going pretty textbook for B.

Harrison is still getting to know her, and he held her hand yesterday...so sweet. She just looks at him so seriously, trying ot figure him out I guess. Good Luck hunny! He has gotten more calm around her, thank goodness! But, she totally knows his voice, screams and wines. I think this week I totally fell in love with H all over again. He is getting to the place in life were he really wants to snuggle, which is priceless moments for a mother. He is so precious and he just loves hugs and kisses. He also now loves piccolini pasta (the pinwheels) with butter and parmesian cheese sprinkled on top. He is the cutest thing to see eat these with his spoon. He puts the pasta on his spoon, then covers it up with his left hand while he pushes all three articles in his mouth at the same time, usually dropping the pasta because hi shand go in the way. He is trying though, which is all that matters. And, it is so funny to see, but I can't laugh because he is as serious as anything...he is trying to figurte this spoon business out.

I can't wait until she can crawl around and they can play together. I am hoping she will develop as quickly as he did...crawling by 6 months. If so, I only have 5 more to go!!

Here are some new pictures of our little ones. Click on the ones of B for better detailing of her face right now. The color looks so much better when the picture is enlarged...and her eyes are getting lighter and lighter blue!!
Hanging out on my changing station. This is the fabric for her bedding. I know black and white sounds dreadful for a baby nursery, but I think it turned out perfect for her!

Sleepy H hanging out by the gate while I change a tiny diaper. It was his naptime.
Playing on the couch with Daddy
Excuse the Mommy and the attire, but these are B's adorable bunny slippers Mom (Nona) just sent her for Valentines Day. They are so soft and fuzzy wuzzy. She likes them on her little twinkle toes.

4 comments:

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

Oh Paige - she is so precious and H could not possibly get any cuter. I wish we were within a million miles of each other so I could see the little ones! Boo/Tear!!

the fortenberrys said...

Hey skinny lady! Bailynn looks like such a snuggle bug. She is adorable on her white/black bedding especially lying there in pink. Harrison reminds me so much of your baby pictures every time I see him. He looks so sweet and how cool that he's snuggling up for Mommy time. Love ya, Lyssa

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige hon,
These pictures are darling!
And, on the last shot,I thought
I was looking at sarah palin !
Then I thought, nah, sarah would never look that cool, just lounging
around.
And, by the way, are those lips, on
those draw strings ?
Way cool. :D
Love,
Aunt helen xxxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Love all of these new pix. They are the cutest kids! Thanks for taking a few minutes to post these. You look great! Are you sure you aren't getting any sleep? I miss you all. Love, MOM