10.24.2008

Gettin' Tagged

Apparently, getting tagged on Blogger means I am supposed to post about myself??? There were no rules so here are a few things about me...and just to warn you, if you choose to read this, you might find it honestly honest...so beware, if you are the sensitive type.

This is me:

I can never, I mean EVER get those "tear on the dotted line" packages open. It just never happens for me.

I absolutely love expensive towels.

I cringe inside when anyone does something to my child without asking me or Russ. HELLO! We are the parents. WE figured out how to create this wonderful life, and we are very much capable of parenting him.

I love to shop for the latest trend. I do not care what judgement you make about my 500 dollar Coach bag and Christian Dior sunglasses, & our designer jeans. It is no one's business what we spend our money on, and that is just it, our money.

Secretly, Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) is my best friend, and also my life story...except for the fabulous clothes and the NYC thing. I had my Mr. Big and my Aiden...I just got to marry the Aiden. I have my Miranda & my sister is so Charlotte York....don't quite know anyone like Sam though!

Orange Juice turns my stomach, but sometimes I just have to have a big glass.

I'm really good at letting people get close to me & hurt me. I really do give people WAY too much credit. I used to always tell my Mother how I could not believe some adult would do this or that, and one day I realized adults are sometimes just older children, that never grew up. And, some of them are really mean & unhappy people.

I wish everyone that read my blog would comment. We do not do all of this work for nothing. It would be nice to know what everyone thinks about our true, but funny stories and cute family pictures.

I cannot even begin to compare how it feels to watch your child learn something new.

The state of Florida gives me Irritable Bowel. (Ok, so you're are thinking "That's gross, Paige," but at least it isn't YOU) I swear I get sick every time I go there.

I absolutely hate to explain myself. Why must I tell you why I am doing this or that? I am now a responsible adult/parent/wife, and I do not always need to be questioned.

I only like peanuts when in a Snickers Bar.

I'm addicted to shoes in the wrong size (ask Russ)...and ice cream (Russ also knows this secret).

I will never understand abortion.

Soggy bread makes me nauseated.

Dial-up internet makes me want to check myself into a Psych facility.

Can't understand why some people say things that make absolutely no sense.

I wish I could read a book in one sitting.

I don't like when people are SO sure they have you figured out, when they obviously have no clue.

I absolutely, without a doubt HATE racial conflict.

I think addiction is the saddest thing ever. I cry like a child at every episode of Intervention.

I think it is funny how everyone that says they hate "Drama" is surrounded by it. I used to be that person.

It doesn't matter what kind of day you had, when you lay in bed with your spouse and feel your baby kick inside your belly, there is just nothing like falling asleep to that.

And, I guess I just wish everything would be a little easier...but then how would we appreciate really great stuff??

6 comments:

Paige said...

Totally agree with the soggy bread thing. And geez, seems like people give you a lot of crap about parenting. I havent been around you as a mom, but I am sure you are great. Screw what people say.

Kallie said...

Paige, you are so funny! i loved learning more about you! Thanks for sharing!

the fortenberrys said...

Gosh how many of these do I agree with for myself too??!! Hilarious! These are a good representation of you. I love having you for a sister....no one else can make me laugh outloud(and lose bladder control)the same way you can.

Anonymous said...

I love reading all of these things that tell me what a wonderful human being you are. Surely the dial up comment was not for me and Dad - we don't have it anymore! I love you and it makes me so proud to be your MOM. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Can you forgive me?

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

And, who are You...that I am supposed to forgive?