10.31.2008

It's Just Not Fair

You know, as a child we are told "No" for many things....somethings we come to learn we were better off and others we just accept that somehow it wasn't fair. As an adult, the word "No," to me, is an insult. Yesterday I FINALLY got my business together to send in my absentee ballot request. I know it was due Friday (today) but why not wait until the last minute? Believe it or not, I forgot with all the baby stuff going on with us. So off I sent my info to Jan to fax in. Later that day, I get a call from a lovely personality at the Bossier Parish Registar of Voters office. She was oh not so much help. She just wanted to tell me that my name was registered under East Baton Rouge...where Russ and I lived after our wedding (our first traveling RN job). Anywhodaloo, I thanked her for calling me and then asked what I needed to do to get this fixed. The woman, who, keep in mind WORKED THERE, flat out said to me: "I don't have a clue!" in a wonderfully helpful tone if you can only imagine :) I am still confused about those people that fill out a job application to a place they know they will absolutely despise working. You know, like Wal-mart check out people....what is that about? HELLO-OOHH! I mean, who really wakes up one day and realizes this is THE DAY I am going to get that job at the Register of Voters!!!, Oh yeah, nothing is stopping me now! Still, not my problem. So, on with the rant...

I then remember that the last time Russ and I flew home they BARELY let us on the plane b/c my license was expired. Oopps. I know I know, I really have to get my crap together. But, we had to renew our licenses at the Morehouse Parish DMV, which was a real treat. The ladies were like talking to your grandmother, they were all very helpful and nice, for real! How odd to find someone helpful in this day. Well, I had changed my address to his parents so that all of our important mail would come together, not some to Jan and some to his mother. Officially now I am confused about where I am registered to vote???? Which is like in 4 days. Long story, but I called them and the lady was, of course, so nice and helped me a ton. Apparently I am like a non-resident resident. Does that make sense? Nope, not to me either. So, I have to verify that I actually live in Louisianaville, and then wait 3 months to register to vote there. Looks like I will be voting for the next city Judge instead of President. Yep, that's right, of all people, I DON'T GET TO VOTE!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to vote for someone else, but if you are just hanging in the balance about who to choose, you can add my two cents in, It's McCain, if you were at the slightest bit wondering, hmmm. Shocker, I know.

Other than the rude lady in Benton, I realize it is (somehow) my fault for not doing this earlier, but she could of helped like the other lady did. God forbid anyone actually do there job.
And, I must add...It just isn't fair!!

So please please please, go vote! ...there are people freezing in Boston that cannot.

(It's 30 and the sun is shining).

Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

you are so hilarious! But yeah that sucks, especially for you!