Okay, I have been talking about this for months but I thought with Thanksgiving this week...and with all of the EXTRA time to cook, HA! this was the time to post the recipe and maybe you guys could try it.
In all seriousness, if I may be serious, :) it takes longer to get all of these dry spices out of the cabinet than it does to whip it up, and let me me just say that everything tastes so much more flavorful,
NO LIES.
Here is the list of stuff to grab:
1 1/2 C Chicken Broth/Stock
1/2 teaspoon Poulttry Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
Dash of Paprika
1 1/2 C Milk, divided
3/4 C Flour
AND WE'RE OFF :
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth, 1/2 Cup of milk, and seasonings to a simmer. In a bowl,
whisk the flour and remaining cup of milk together.
Slowly add in the flour mixture and keep whisking briskly but gently. Get any large lumps out but remember that it will thicken as you go, (and will continue to thicken when you take off of the heat)....so don't over do it. Continue to boil until you reach the consistency needed for your recipe or liking. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
Off you go! Try it! I promise you will not regret it.
This recipe makes the equivalent of two cans of condensed soup. I use half then freeze the other.
And, here are some pictures from my purse-camera, meaning crappy focusing camera that makes my children look like racoons, but please enjoy and try not to judge how badly I need Photoshop :)
Skinny Legs
Happy Thanksgiving!!
2 comments:
Have a wonderful Turkey Day!!!
Can't wait to make this yummy soup! Harrison and Bailynn are getting soooooo tall.....Love you all, MOM
Post a Comment