We were so grateful today...well, Russ and I were. We are still not sure who took over our little darlings' bodies today...it was a riot Thanksgiving over here.
We woke up to two whiney little ones, but somehow this calmed one of them down:
We love whole apples over here. Do not dare and give them slices. And, recently, much to Mommy's liking, we now like the peeling as well.
Russ and I made our Thanksgiving lunch together today, which was all while we convinced the babes that TV is great...we rented the 1980 version of Disney's Robin Hood. H loved it, B hated it....this is how most "watching a show" experiences turn out for them.
This is how you wait for the turkey bird to cook...
Go Turkey, Go
Everyone was super lazy...everyone
Bailynn HAD to have her photo taken "with my Tobee, and my apple"
Toby was confused...he thought she was eating his Ball, and he waits for her to throw it.
Silly Dog, anything round in shape MUST be a ball toy, no ?
How crazy that it takes hours to create one yummy meal. This picture makes it look like we did nothing, but I assure you that was not the case.
And, I know I teased about not making dessert and us having popsicles...so I thought
"This is Thanksgiving, I should definitely have a nice dessert."
So, here it is. Try not and ask for the recipe, as I have lost it by now
Don't be jealous.
I ran off in a hurry to the Toys R' Us, while on the phone with my Mother telling me "Be careful" only three times this phone call. I arrived NEAR the parking lot of the toy store and
KEPT DRIVING
as I noticed people lined around numerous stores and buildings DOWN THE STREET! Yikes! Why do people shop like that? This happened last year when Laura and I went also. So, I went on to the least favorite of stores...Wal-Mart.
I parked in the last spot in the lot but at least it was under the big pole light, right? I got a few games for $3 and some pajamas for $4. I spent $17 bucks and almost died when I got caught up in some scrappy gang fight as I was leaving the store. As I was hiding behind the ICE machine, all I could think of was, "Am I possibly going to die at Wal-mart on Thaknsgiving" I was so worried for the little lady that was the Greeter and hoping she would come over by me, but someone closer to her drug her out of the way. What a tragedy. The police arrived and everything. I'm not being dramatic, for the first it my in my life, I know, but it was scary.
Totally NOT worth losing two hours of sleep and saving ten bucks, I'm just saying.
I just don't think I will EVER get how STUPID and SELFISH some people and their agendas can be. Why can't people just have self-control? It's freaking Thanksgiving! Loser-face.
Mom, stop telling me to Be Careful. I got this. Hopefully there will always be a bullet proof Ice Machine to jump into, Right?
Man, today I am just thankful to be alive.
We hope you all had a nice day together!
2 comments:
I love the picture of B and Toby. So funny that he thought the apple was a ball. Your kids are beautiful! (How could they not be???)
I miss you!
Not sure how I missed this post. It is the thing Mom's say the most. Be Careful! I mean it! MOM
Post a Comment