So, today has not been a good day. I really wanted to have a blog that I could just go to from time to time and 'be real.' You know? About stuff that is painful and ugly, and that just downright stinks. But I don't have that yet, so today I am writing for me, the writer, and not for anyone else. If you are a personality that will be offended by the truth, steer clear of this one:
I was day dreaming, more like day-maring earliar, and I started to wonder why life gets harder as we age. I guess that is why 'they' say "the older the wiser." Is it because we experience more pain as we grow, or because we actually are learning more?
I look at my children and I see what is hard for them. Crawling, walking, eating, communication all around. Difficult things for them, not for me.Then I look at my life. Raising children eleven months apart. paying all of the bills on time. having time for my marriage. or a shower. I see people get sick. babies getting sick. people dying. War. Soldiers leaving for war. Motor vehicle accidents. the dang swine flu. cancer. losing a family pet. murders. yatta yatta....
I guess this all sounds pretty negative, but today is a negative day for me.
I'm an honest person, almost to a fault, and right now I'm not seeing the light in the dang 'ole tunnel.
I'm just angry.
I don't want anyone telling me that "Everything happens for a reason" or any of that mess we say when there is nothing else to say. I just want to be mad for one day without anyone trying to tell me to get over my mood.
I'm mad.
I'm mad because I don't live in California anymore and that I live in Louisiana. I'm sick of waking my babies up to mosquito bites ON THEIR FACES.
I'm mad because I never graduated college and can't get a decent job to support my family (minus daycare costs) in this state.
I'm mad because bills suck. Where do they come from? They are everywhere, everyday.
I'm mad that after I had two babies my fabulous shoes no longer fit and I now wear flip flops everyday.
I'm mad because people shouldn't be dying to defend this selfish country I live in.
I'm mad because no one understands what ANYTHING is like UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO YOU. Not a clue.
I'm mad because people judge other people because they are not the same.
I'm mad because our country is ill-educated on politics and foreign policy, and they vote accordingly.
I'm mad at friends that say they are friends but are nothing but people I know and have to deal with from time to time. I don't want the kind of friends that gossip about their other friends' choices when they are not around. I absolutely do not want those kind of people in my life.
And, mostly I'm mad because most of these things will never change. It will never be different than this. People just accept that this is it, and that it has always been that way, so why change it?
Is this REALLY IT?
I am just noticing how real,
and hard
and crappy
this life is sometimes.
Ugh. Boo. Arr. Ugh.
Please let the sun set soon.

8 comments:
Hey-I know what you mean about having a blog where you can just be real...I've been wanting to do a ranting post lately myself! Sorry today is such a boo day....I totally get it though.
On another note-I LOVE the new pics of H and B on the right. So cute!
I guess I feel like I need a place of my own....to just have something for myself. I love my babies, of course, but sometimes my life isn't 'my life' anymore, ya know? And I hate that I cant say what I want because EVERYONE who reads it will be judging me.....because I'm supposed to always be happy and perfect and content. Right?? Aren't you Laura?! haha
Life is supposed to be happy, perfect and content? Do you know me at all?
The "truth" is that you can't control what other people do (or say). I often say that it isn't illegal to be stupid. It really isn't (though sometimes I think I should be). As I look forward a couple of weeks to another birthday, I think of those things that I can't control and wish I could. The fact is that you can only control how you view your life. I am counting my many blessings this year because I have been "blessed" beyond my imagination. I am thankful for people in my life who make me proud to be a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law and most of all "Nona". All of these things bring me joy in the midst of a time of much sadness. Thank you for being so honest about your feelings and thank you for being such a wonderful daughter, sister, Mother and friend. Love, MOM
Hope you have a better day today.
I'm sorry, but 'the dang swine flu' comment made me chuckle.
I am so with you on the college-grad thing. I cry about it all the time. I keep trying to fit it into my life, but life happens....
I love you! And I've always loved you because you are honest and real.
Oh, and I read a great devo this morning which spoke about a subject such as this....
The writer was telling Jesus / complaining that life seemed to mostly go uphill and rarely downhill. The response to that was the we are on a highway to heaven and heaven is upwards- thus the not-so-fun uphill climb. It comforted me and I hope it does the same for you.
Amen to A B and C Hell, actually all of the above. This girl sure knows a thing or 2 about my life not being mine anymore. Still waiting for that trip through AZ so I can see you and your sweet babies.
I understand about bad days you wish never had to happen and thoughts you wish you could share. I hope you feel a little better getting some things off your chest. Some things will never change but if venting makes you feel better girl...DO IT!!! You always have my ear if you can't write it down. :)
Post a Comment