I must say, if you are one of those super nosey readers, and the overwhelming urge to click on my blog based on the title of this post swept over you just now, you will be sadly disappointed.
It has been an exciting 8 months getting to know our little B. Her smile lights up any room, and she has a special sweetness I cannot get tired of. I was not as successful with nursing H as I have been with Bailynn. If you know my children, it doesn't take a scientist to understand why that is pure fact. Last year, I came pretty close to hospitalization trying to get through my 9 week post-partum recovery and STILL was dead set on nursing Harrison. We tried everything and had tons of help with the La Leche League, Consultants and Pediatricians beyond. H had a regressed chin, a high palate and a flat tongue. Wow! Add that up, plus recovery of a 23 hour exhausting natural labor, and there I sat.
Then, there was Baby Bailynn. A complete breastfeed baby until July. Since we have moved this last time, I have had a huge drop in milk supply. Call it what you will, it is almost gone. I have been nursing her 2 to 3 times daily for the past month, and it is almost time for my "Boob Job" to end. I'm getting fired.
I have had many supporters in this trying time that have given me SO much knowledge and motivation to keep going. They have also told me to make sure we are both ready when the time comes to quit, because once it is gone, it is gone for good. I think we are both getting to that point and as of yesterday we are down to one feeding a day. It is quite painful to lose your supply, that is why I have dropped out one feeding at a time. We are almost there.
Thank you Alyssa, Mom and Laura for helping me along this journey. Besides natural chidbirth, twice, breastfeeding is the absolute hardest thing I HAVE EVER DONE! You all have been my cheerleaders all the way through. I am so proud of us for looking past the physical aspects that remain and trying our best to give our babies the best nutrition we can give them. I love you guys, and I will owe you for a lifetime.
I must say that if someone is not sure if our God exist, they should just get pregnant. I have learned so many things from my Savior during this amazing process as I watch how he changes my body for childbearing.
I am so lucky to have these babies and hopefully I will be healthy enough to complete our family one day...in a decade or so!
Sending my props to all the breastfeeders out there! (hehe)
5 comments:
I am so glad you've been able to nurse Bailynn for so long...it's such a rewarding experience. Don't think you are weird if Bailynn is a year and a half old and you still miss nursing her! I miss nursing A all the time! Oh and I am sure you have already heard about this but supposedly Fenugreek can increase supply. It's a natural supplement. You may have already tried that, so please disregard my unsolicited advice if so! :-) I am glad you have felt so supported during this time too!
Anyone who chooses to nurse whether successful or not, deserves a cheer! It's not easy and you have definitely given her something wonderful! When I stopped with Kinsey (because of milk supply due to pregnancy), I wasn't ready either but seeing her get the milk she needed from somewhere else made me happy. Then I was like, "this is so easy!" Whatever happens, I am so proud of you and happy that this time it was something you two got to experience together.
Yea for all of those girls out there who have been blessed with this awesome part of Motherhood. For those who chose "not to" in the past, I hope you get another chance to decide to give it a try. I'm proud of all of you who did!
Love, MOM
I forgot to say how pretty your background is on the blog! All of my favorite colors...... MOM
OK - I admit - I was thinking OMG Paige got a boob job!! HA!! I wanted to nurse Graham, but it wasn't advised b/c of complications I had. However, I hope if we have any other kids, I'll be able to nurse as long as you did. LOVE your blog!!!! You need to check mine out. Since I'm staying at home now, blogging is something I've become addicted to. :) We need to get together soon!!
Post a Comment