Let me try to get a few lines in before they wake up screaming.
This past weekend we took a trip to Dallas to see some good friends...Jenn and Micky. Russ and Mick grew up together and Russ knew Jenn in college. She went to ULM, and he did for a few semesters before transferring to La Tech with me. I knew Leigh Ann from nursing school, who had transferred from ULM (how she knew Jenn) and she inroduced me to Jenn. Confused yet?? Hang on. It gets better. Russ graduated and started Travel nursing and PRN shifts in Monroe. One day we walked in an agency and there sat my friend Jenn. I shouted in excitement, as did Russ, so excited to see our old pal. We then look at each other, confused, and back at Jenn. How did she know both of us and we never knew? Anyway, I was in her beautiful South Louisiana wedding and they now live in Dallas. We have been trying to get over there and visit for years...this was our time. It was a blast. We ate at The Melting Pot, our absolute favorite restaurant, besides Olive Garden of course (kidding), heard a live band, visited Hurricane Harbor, saw a movie while we ate dinner (coolest thing ever!), got Sprinkles Cupcakes and played with their sweet doggies. It was a blast and we were so sad to leave. Dallas reminded of the closest thing to Boston and Los Angeles. It really is hard being back in a small town after living in such glamorous places.
After the drive home on Sunday, I got to help co-host a bridal shower for my old high school friend Katie. I was so excited to see her and our friend Sunni. We had so many great times in high school! Come to think of it, those were probably some of the only good memories of high school, ha!
She will be a beautiful bride next week!
As for the babies, B is more than rolling over, she is scooting and trying to crawl and sit up on her own. I can't believe it is already time for that! She will be running around here before I can think about it twice. Then I will no longer have a baby.
H is still my little wild guy. Nona calls him the Tiny Tornado, and he totally is. I am currently in the market for these stroller straps that keep your child in the stroller. He is everywhere anytime we have to go somewhere. I know he is a boy but sometimes I need a bit of an easy trip to the grocery store. I have monkeys coming out of every end of by shopping cart! I just love when I turn in to THAT lady with the screaming babies. I just keep on trucking until I get everything I need, so I'm sure they think I might be deaf.
And, yes we are growing out his hair....Mom don't be asking about the haircut anytime soon!
I will try my best to post new pictures and stories, but for us everyday is about surviving.
6 comments:
Way to go Bailynn! I can't believe how much she is doing!!
Harrison is just so stinking cute!
I love both pictures and I LOVE his hair. What a sweet smile, Bailynn!
First off- where are our 'I survived a shower with turbo-planner pins?'
Second- You are one of my favorite high school memories, too.
Third- Last week in Sunday School, one of my teenagers was talking about how she can't stand parents who let their children scream in public. I just chuckled... that proabably means that she will one day have 3 under the age of 3 and I will be glaring her down in the ailse of Target.
I love the new pictures. Thank you for letting me keep your precious Bailynn this weekend! It was absolutely a blast. Can't wait until Harrison can visit with me and Grandaddy. See you soon, MOM
We miss you guys already! Please come back soon. Next time there will be no "injuries!!" ha ha. Love.
Sunni, hilarious. Wow, what a crazy time. I can remember thse days...when I was annoyed, and it doesn't get better, now I am just that lady that is annoying everytone else! Soooo good to see you!
Jenn and Mick....can't believe we are sooo old that we can't ride a water ride! Maybe Six Fkags would have been better even in the 107 heat! Had a blast, thanks so much!
Mom, thanks to you guys for helping out. She had a great visit as well!
Post a Comment