12.30.2008

Bear's FIrst Haircut

My mother, who is slightly obsessive about hair, has been begging me to get H's hair trimmed for months, and I just did not want him to look like a child instead of a baby. After all, he does resemble a small two year old most days.

Finally, after motivation from Kinsey, we decided to find a kid's place and get the first trim done. We found Snip-Its in our favorite town, Natick (the apple orchard place). It reminded me of Disney World. All of the stools and toys and TVs looked like Mickey and Minnie's houses at the park. How fun for them! There were children running around everywhere enjoying such a dreaded chore...the haircut. Our lady was so sweet with him, blowing bubbles for a distraction and offering him animal cookies. I was really glad she got to know him before just throwing him in her chair and cutting. I think it made it easier for little Bear as well. At this age, they really are aware of so many things, and I think it is important for people to respect them, even if they are so small. They are still people. We got to stand right there with him for comfort (mostly my own, I think), and I was snapping pictures like poparazzi while blowing bubbles that were obviously running out... I know I used to know how to blow bubbles??? It was a fun time for all of us. I can't believe he is almost one, and it will not be long before a haircut will be no big thing, but yesterday, it was the greatest!

Here is a picture of the final do. And his certificate below it. She attached some of his "snip-its" to the certificate for us to keep as a momentum. He had a good time, and was so sweet smiling and, of course, flirting with all the ladies. At the end, when I paid, they gave him a "free toy" card to put into a machine that makes a lot of noise and gives them back a little toy. He loved it, but was looking for the card when it went down the slot. I think he wanted the card more than the actual penguin he got in return. Funny little boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige dear,
Have a wonderful new year!
Darling pics, of day at the
"Barber Shop" !
New baby right around the corner
gurl ! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
anticipation.
Luv ya gurl,
Aunt helen

Anonymous said...

Paige dear,
Have a wonderful new year!
Darling pics, of day at the
"Barber Shop" !
New baby right around the corner
gurl ! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
anticipation.
Luv ya gurl,
Aunt helen

Anonymous said...

I love that he had so much fun doing this. It looks like Mom and Dad enjoyed it too.

Love ya, Nona

p.s. see you soon....