11.05.2008

Freaking Out!!!

I realize most of you, who read my blog regularly, expect the "freak out" to be because we now have a new President...the one I did not approve of, but it is not what I am writing about, although I am a bit overwhelmed with an unexplainable fear. No worries, I am as happy as a wart at the dermatologist's office.

But this is what I am REALLY freaking about:
So, last night Russ and I were watching our candidate not succeed, and I realized that I only have two months left to be pregnant and we will have another child. Yikes!! and Yay!! all at once. How will we ever find the time to function with two babies??? It is so difficult now to have any time together, or even find time to eat dinner before 9. I am just hoping that she will not have problems we faced with our H. It would be a real blessing to have an easy baby this go around. It seems like now that H is finally on a schedule and is pretty easy to take everywhere, we will be starting this ride over, and with more responsibility. Once again, I realize God thinks of me as a Superwoman that breathes fire, but sometimes I think He gives me too much credit. I am so exhausted and just trying to survive most days.

Everyone older than me (50+), sorry to use that word "older," but you all keep telling me to learn to multi-task. I think that is funny. As if I am not already doing that. Obviously these people are not around me on a regular basis. How many people do you know have their children 11 months apart? Most people I know don't even try to take care of an infant and be huge and pregnant...they wait three years or so. I think there is something to be said about a person who can be that selfless, which is definitely what I am now. And it is not easy. All of my friends think I'm crazy, and they are secretly correct about that. I feel like a mental patient. I just hope that I am not taking away from H or little B. It would kill me to think that I might not be able to give them each what they need. Jan says there will be more love to give out, so I am trusting her on that.

Here's hoping for a safe delivery, with a fabulous support group, an easy baby to feed, and a short recovery! Oh, and sleep, just a few hours would be nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful wish list. God will provide enough of everything you need, I promise (remember, he promised too!)

Love ya, MOM

Anonymous said...

Paige,
I love you baby girl.
I am pulling for you.
You are in my prayers.
Its obvious, you've done a great job with H !
Look how happy he is.
His eyes are filled with pure joy.
Hold em , hold em , hold em ! I can't stress that enough. They will carry, all that tender touch,
you gave to them, & be wonderful, well-rounded, members of society.
So carry on, my princess.

xxxxoooo,
Aunt Helen

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

Paige - Micky and I adopted a dog from the SPCA two days ago and so now we have 2. I can't even handle two dogs. I give you major props for being a great mommy. Can I send you my dogs? :) Hang in there! Call if you need anything.