11.28.2008

Bostonian Thanksgiving

Yesterday Russ was home for Thanksgiving, Harrison's first, which was really special for us as a growing family. After dropping the turkey on the kitchen floor and practically pulling a muscle in my lower abdomen, we got to sit down and eat our fabulous meal.

Harrison loved all of the Thanksgiving food. I was so excited that he didn't spit it all out! He was also very well behaved all day. Woohoo! Here he is in his bib from Nona and Grandaddy eating Nona's recipe of the infamous Corn Casserole, that my sister just loves (hates). He thouroughly enjoyed his corn and the corn bread dressing I made. He gave most of his turkey to Toby, who was much appreciative. Then, we all loaded up in the truck and went on a fun-filled journey to find Red Hots at the the only place open....Walgreens! I had to have them for my apple cider for the "after Thanksgiving dinner tradition!" And, I must say it was delicious!
Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We sure did, together...all four of us!

5 comments:

Hammett...Family of 4! said...

He is getting bigger and more beautiful everyday. I can't wait until you guys get your Christmas presents. H & B are going to busy playing for the next year. I felt like a REAL mother Friday morning. Kat (Ron's oldest daughter) and I woke up at 4 am Friday morning to stand in the longest line I have ever seen. Toys R Us. We were there before it opened at 5. As much chaos was involved, I must say I enjoyed it. Great deals too. I'm even going again next year. Love you guys!

Hammett...Family of 4! said...

Oh, and everyone tells me I'm a whole new person since I've been on break. I can't wait to graduate.

Sunni said...

That is the cutest picture I have seen yet! It just makes me giggle. He sure was happy about his Thanksgiving dinner!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

He looks so cute in his bib! I am so glad you all had such a nice Thanksgiving!

Jessica said...

Hey sweetie! I was laughing so hard when I saw that you dropped the turkey. Not so funny that you hurt yourself. It's just something typical that would happen to you. I'm glad y'all enjoyed your day. I love ya!