7.21.2008

So, It's been a while....

I realize I have not blogged in a few days, and everyone keeps letting me know, so among the few things I have to do on a daily basis, when H finally reaches sleepy time I can choose from the following: Eat, Sleep (yeah, ok!), clean up (my FAV!!), or blog. Sadly, blogging is of the least importance, I know i know, it is not fair, but I speak the truth.



So, here goes, I have a lot to tell you all:



The past two months I have really enjoyed getting to know my little H. He is growing and changing; everyday brings new humor. It really is amazing to see a wee-tot become his own person. I honestly feel sorry for everyone that is missing this too, because he is just the sweetest little guy. I thought the fourth month was my favorite. He was turning over and starting to try crawling (after he saw Kinsey do it). He was starting to make little noises more, and really playing with his toys a bunch...which is so precious...for everyone that has kids, you know! I love to watch him connect to a little fuzzy monkey, or hug his glowworm like he is his best little friend, and he is, let me just say. I know everyone tells you being a parent changes your life, but it is more than just that, it changes who you are and who you become, daily. I think God gave us the opportunity to have children so that we could see the smallest glimse of how he cherishes each one of us. And, until you feel that, you will never be completely full....my opinion, anyway.


After the fourth month passed, and more stinking immunizations (which i would boycott if legal), we moved on in to month 5. H started crawling on his 5 month birthday, and I about lost it. Of course I was excited to start this new journey with him, but my goodness, could we have waited a few more weeks? Then, we moved to Boston, a huge trip, but such a blast to see family and all of the Eastern section of the country :) When we got here Harr-bear decided he was over crawling and needed to learn to walk, so then he started pulling up on EVEYTHING IN SITE! This part was even more difficult for me b/c everyone knows this is when they start getting hurt, A BUNCH! I cannot tell you how many times he has hit his little bean on something. H really started getting vocal this month, and let us know about his thoughts in mini conversations. He especially loves to chat in his new car seat, for whatever reason??? We had to branch out and buy bigger, different toys for him as well. He was getting bored with all of those that just sit there with a permanent smile. The best part of this month for us was that he really started to enjoy us. He would laugh and smile everytime you said his name. He is too funny. We will call his name and he will not always turn to you, but he always smiles so big and giggles. For sure this month was my favorite!

Six Months: Oh, how I love being a Mommy! H is now laughing and loves to be tickled on his back, right where I get ticklish! SO cute. He brings his arms in and tucks his head down. His giggle is like no other! It is so geniune, like he really is just tickled to death. I love it! So funny how he already acts like a big person. He is transferring from couch to chairs and exersaucer and playard. He also loves to transfer to Mommy, and hang on with my hair. That feels nice :) H hates the vaccuum....not a favorite thing of mine to do either. H is really in to balls now, everything that looks like a ball he loves, and is so sweet how he reaches for his toys, he is so gentle. We got him a tractor that moves around, but he just like to knock it over and hug it!

Harrison loves to hug us now also. This is the sweetest thing yet. To have someone so innocent love you whole-heartedly, so much that He wants to sqeeze onto you, oh, it just fullfills me!



We started baby food this month, and he is hilarious. The faces my child makes are classic. It reminds me of when my mother made me and Alyssa eat sweet potatoes and collard greens ONCE. I think Alyssa actually got sick in her plate at the table. It really was a tramatic experience, and obviously a lasting memory for me. Thanks Mom. H actually tried to gag himself to get rid of the green beans. He was so not convincing me. Hilarious. Everyone should have a child just to see what we went through when we were small! He did like the squash, well, it was better than the green beans. Russ hates green beans as well. He loves that Jan always makes them, with every dinner. There is just something about that "beef broth." Hmmm.



We are loving getting to enjoy our little man, and I am pretty sure he will be walking before little Baby 2 arrives. I hope that is God's ultimate plan, because I really think I might not survive it if he isn't.



Six months is definitely my favorite so far...but, we do have vaccines again next week, so I might change my mind again!



Today is my 25th Birthday, yeah yeah. Excuse me but how did I get to be 25? And, I will have two children by the age of 25 as well. Old Lady! I can't wait to turn 70, what a treat. There better be some sparkling somethin somethin if I have to be old and wrinkled for that long. I hope the purple hair-do is back in style....I always wanted to try that, once.



So, I am already looking pregnant. Last time it took all of 6 months to get a belly. This time Belly is ready to Rock and Roll. She is perky and out there at 4. Hoorah.



Hope you guys are having a great week!

6 comments:

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

Aw! I love little H stories. I wish I was there to see him. Tear.

Sunni said...

I want to see a belly picture. :)

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Sunni-

I tried to download my belly shot, but the computer ate it??? I will try again today.

Paige said...

Could not agree with you more on having a child. It is the best to see life through their eyes. I think my favorite age is about 18 monthes. Although my 4 year old keeps me cracking up on an hourly basis. I think if I could pick a year to skip it would be 2. But point being kids are a lot of work but so worth it.

Anonymous said...

The stories are great! Be sure to write all of these precious moments down so we can buy the book one day! Love MOM

and about the green beans.......

the fortenberrys said...

Harrison is looking like such a little man. I'm glad your birthday was a great one. You are such a great mom. You write about how blessed you are to have Harrison, but Harrison is just as blessed to have you (and Russell). Lucky duck (I mean, little biscuit)! Haha :>