7.14.2008

Photo Op

Today, we took our teething little fellow to take his BOSTON RED SOX picture. It was an event; I realize that is a shocker. Bless Patti's heart (our Photographer). I'm pretty sure that besides milk, my child is allergic to professional photography....which is just fab seeing that one day we are planning to start our own photgraphy business and he will be the main man for all first-time shots. I can see that going well. he had to have abottle before shooting, and a nap. She was nice enough to wait on him.

The first time we had pics taken, he was 7 days old, and I'm pretty sure they were glad when we left. The poor little guy ate twice while we were there, peed on Daddy three times, the lady once and managed to somehow poop when we were trying the one picture I chose this photography group for. How lovely....and, no we did not buy that one, BECAUSE WE NEVER GOT TO TAKE IT.

Then, we decided to try another round in San Antonio with cousin Kinsey Anne. Thank goodness Kinsey smiled, bc H was not enjoying the visit with JCPenneys. Then, for some reason, a young innocent girl was learning how to take pictures (still when we were in San Antonio) and she wanted to give Kinsey and H a free 8X10. Let me just tell you that was the most LEAST-FREE 8X10 ever taken. It took one hour for one shot, we had to buy a $20 outfit, that shrank the first time we washed it, and he screamed like he was having a nightmare awake. Once we calmed him down (35 minutes later) out in the car, we tried to take him back in to try once more, and he started the entire screaming fit over again. This is in fact the ONLY time I can account for my child ever doing this. It was a wonderful time for everyone.

Getting to today's events. All I can say is thank goodness for Patti....but I'm pretty sure he still hates that RAINBOW feather duster. I just can't stand that thing either. I just want to put it in the photographers face and go "Weee-hee." Do you think they would smile? I hate it, but all I can think about is, "Do you realize that you are going to give my child HIB?" "This twenty dollar print is going to cost me a hundred in Pediatrician bills." I soooo used to not think like this. I realize now that being a Mommy has made me even more crazy than I was before I was pregnant. If that is possible. What will happen when I go through menapause, my children graduate college, move far away and get married???? Who will I be then? That pysch patient in ward 6. Can't wait for that; let me pack my bags now!

So, everyone, enjoy the first picture of our child smiling and somewhat happy (after I had to hide the duster from Patti)!

He had a rough day. His second little tooth is coming in (right next to his first one), and you can tell he is really feeling the pain. He must have my teeth. Poor guy.

I must say, in this picture, he looks just like his Daddy did at his age, and that really hurts my heart. I was hoping that one day he was going to turn a corner and resemble the lady who carried him in a warm and happy place for those short ten months, and enjoyed 24 hours of natural labor. Who am I kidding?

He still has my heart :)

6 comments:

Sunni said...

The Red Sox picture has captured my heart! :) What a precious little man!

How do I add the list of blogs I read?

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Awe! I know, he is such a sweet little boy.

I went to layout, and "Add a page element," and I believe it was "List"....Try that, you will find it!

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

Paige - it makes me sad that I have yet to meet Harrison. He needs to learn how cool his Auntie Jenn is. :)

Paige said...

I don't know your husband but I think your little guy looks like you.

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Haha! I know Jenn! Sorry we never got to visit. Our trip to La was cut about 5 months short! Come to Boston!!!

Paige Stanley--It is really funny because everyone has a different opinion. His family say H looks like me, and mine says Russ, so who knows? I guess he is a good mix then!

Anonymous said...

This is an official observation from his Nona - he looks like my beautiful grandboy!