8.25.2011

Making. Baking. Eating. This is what I do.

This is what i'm eating as I type. 


Don't forget your snack while you're blogging.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie, that is...with a homemade crust. Yep. I need my own show.

Stop buying store-bought. the crust was super cinch.  Here let me tell you how to try it.

For 1-9 inch crust :
1 1/3 cup flour
1 stick (8 T) real unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
dash of salt
cup of Ice water

You can use a food processor (if you're lucky and someone awesome told you how important they are) or a hand mixer worked for me. 

Pulse the butter and flour until pea size balls form, about 15 times, (add the dash of salt while doing the pulsing), then one Tablespoon at a time add one, then two, then 2/3 of the third tablespoon of ice cold water. The cold water and butter helps the dough to be easy to work with. Mix until it starts coming together into a large ball, but not too together or it will be harder to manipulate.  Place ball of dough on floured surface and roll it out to about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Put in a greased glass pan. 4 ingredients, 4 minutes. Glorious.

Then top with Cookie Pie

Beat 2 large eggs until foamy, 2 minutes, Add in 1/2 Cup of flour, 1/2 C granulated sugar, & 1/2 C packed brown sugar. Beat in 3/4 C room temp real butter.  Stir in 1 C semi-sweet or dark choc. chips morsels, and 1 C chopped pecans (can omit). Bake on 350 for 60 minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream !

-------------------------------------------------


A few days ago, my sweet husband decided to bring home (a gift from a co-worker) a 27 count basket of fresh peaches. 

My eyebrow is creeping up as he tells me we are going to be "canning some of these, babe."  And, I might have hallucinated, but then there was a "making of some jelly" that made it in there. 

Okay, are we already to that stage?  When did I turn 60?

I know what you're thinking "having canned frozen stuff is great, Paige"

So, if you have some of these


Make one of these
  

What a great idea. Im so awesome.

Actually, I think Russ MAAYYY have said something like "go make a smoothie and you'll thank me" but the details are foggy on that.

i agree this was a fabulous idea NOW...but like most things i say I will not try, or do, i end up loving. AND, it was a lot of work blanching those suckers.

it's the way i stay humble

AND, because I know you are all wondering, IM NOT MAKING ANY JELLY.  just to be clear.
put your recipes away.  now.

Moving on...

Because i'm extremely into what is not bad for you, i have decided that now, TODAY, is the time to start making my own dish detergent.  Don't worry, Mom, I'm still wearing deoderant almost everyday.

It is super cheap, and ridiculously simple. Do it.

1 C Borax ( No, Russ i did not say Borat, get it at the W store or Target $ 2.98)
1 C Baking Soda (big box $1.12)
1 C Vinegar (cheap)
2 Tbsp of Real Lemon (the brand) juice { if you don't have any, ask your husband to borrow some little packets from the hospital cafeteria, we'll return them }


Mix it up ( it can get a bit science fair project-y with all of the frothy-ness, act normal, its fine ) and Recycle that old bottle, you know, the one you will be emptying out prior to making this, and pour it in. Use half of what you usually do in the dishwasher detergent section. 

And send me a thank you note.

Also, because I love her (and she was determined to be photographed)

Miss B

3 comments:

the fortenberrys said...

I love that picture of Miss B. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Are you making me one of these pies for my Birthday??? Love, MOM

p.s. Ms. Bailynn is absolutely beautiful! Love you, NONA

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Great recipes! Thanks for posting the one on the detergent. I've been wanting to do that!