(added 8.28.09. this was the original thought for your birthday photo. I finally found it in an old book but my scanner would not work until a chat with Dell last night, sorry about the one below, that you don't love :) This is PROOF that at one point in my life I actually was a bit of a snuggler! AND, by the way our Mother handmade these beautiful smocked dresses. She made us a new dress for every occasion just like this one here! What talent! I'm still waiting for her to start that up again for B and Kinsey and Avery!). 
About two years ago I met my sister. Yes, we have always been "sisters." The play partners in the neighborhood and the ones who are always together at family functions growing up...and the ones who argue and frustrate each other in high school, you know the pubescent stuff. It wasn't until I lived in California, was pregnant at the same time and willing to really get to know Her, that I met my friend, my sister. (tear.)
You are the strongest woman (apart from Sheena, The Warrior Princess) that I have ever known.
You have the ability to command a room, yet still have such grace.
You are an amazing parent. Duh.
You motivate everyone around you to be a better person.
You are flexible with life and trust God in every move your family takes. Difficult or easy. And you do it without resentment.
Your silly rules and schedules are things we all poke fun at but it really is just how you are, and it is something I wish I had a bit more of.
You effect every person you have been friends with. Isn't that what we all want in a friend?
You somehow understand my views on everything and still give me your own opinion, if I ask. And, you always give me a subjective answer.
here are a few things only you will know:
"Sweaty Betty"
"Booger wall" (okay so you aren't alone on this one)
"Quote of the Week"
"No, I've never been to Bob's and I do want a hand gun license"
"Hershey kisses in the bathroom drawer"
"Undeserved childhood spankings"
"The Green Mile Movie"
and I could go on and on....
You are an absolute asset to my life and I would not be the same woman/parent/wife/friend without you in it.
I love you more than any thing I can type to you. You are amazing to me.
I hope this birthday is shared by your family and that you guys cherish every second of the time you have before Andy deploys.
Happy Birthday my dear friend.
okay, i need a kleenex. peace out homie.
8 comments:
What a precious tribute! What this says to me is that you are LOVED by many and that I am a very privileged Mom of two "wonderful" daughters. Happy Birthday, Mrs. Fortenberry! Love, MOM
(and to my Paige - "Yes, I did cry when I read this.")MOM
I love that we have so much to share. Getting pregnant at the same time was definitely a God thing...He sure knows what He's doing!! You are not only my sister, but my best friend. I wouldn't want to talk "life" with anyone else. Love you bunches!
So, I've never posted a comment on your blog, but I certainly will now.
I am in TEARS! This is the sweetest birthday tribute EVER.
I wish I had this kind of relationship with my sister!!
Beautiful.
And happy birthday, Alyssa!
Okay...why do you have to make me want a sister so badly?? It's not fair! :-) Happy Birthday, Alyssa!!
I LOVE this picture! And, I got your hint about sewing for my new babies! Love ya, MOM
Okay when you sew them dresses, please hold back on the bows....at least don't put them on their shoulders. Other than, supercute! Love the picture, Paige. That is a good one!
hilarious! I was thinking the SAME thing! not that I'm THAT suprised.
This is my all-time fav pic of us growing up.
I loved the sweet picture of you and Alyssa. That was a very special tribute you wrote for Alyssa.
You are both precious young ladies.
Love you,
Marilyn
Post a Comment