5.18.2009

Back-tracking to Mother's Day

The ladies (above)and my flowers from RH&B (below)

My family drove two hours to see me for Mother's Day. This was really nice not to have to load all of the kiddos (and the many items it takes to survive anything with kids) and drive for hours AGAIN. I promised H & B that after the Boston/D.C. trip to La, and then La to San Santonio and back there would be no more traveling for days in a car seat with the accompany of diaper rash. I sacrificed the delicious Olive Garden lunch I had decided on weeks ago for the ever so popular Ray's Pege. I'm not a fan, but I ate it on Mother's Day because everyone else wanted it. I'm a good daughter :)

We played and played and then I cooked dinner for Mom. A similar dish I had made days before for Lyssa, but she preferred leftovers over my salmon. Silly lady decided to try salmon out for the first time since the Jeb Stuart house while I was there cooking for them. WE NOW KNOW THAT ALYSSA DOES NOT LIKE SALMON, DON'T TRY TO MAKE HER EAT IT. SHE WILL GIVE IT BACK. Thankfully, Mom ate her fish and I did not recieve me the double reject. harrison got the cutest fishing pole set, and he still loves it even e awhole week later :) and, baby B got some beautiful clothes she had to have and probably would not have survived life without them.

Here are some pictures I got from the day:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a sweet Daughter, Mother and Wife. We are so proud of the woman that you have become. The dinner was fabulous; you didn't even mention the wonderful German Chocolate Cake you made for us. We had a great time with you all and the pictures are all so precious. Hope you don't get tired of seeing us driving up at your house (again and again.....) Love, MOM and DAD

Paige said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's day and excuse me? you dont like Ray's Pege. Shame on you!

the fortenberrys said...

You are one of the best mothers I know. Watching you with your little ones and mine when you visited just was too cool...to see my little sis being a Mommy to some special little babies. I really was constantly amazed at your energy level. I guess to keep up with Harr Bear you need it, but you are awesome. Just wanted you to know how amazing you are!