9.25.2008

Obama Pajama

Just my biweekly political rant:

Last week Russ and I were doing research on political candidates, and by RESEARCH I mean we were on the ever-so-trusted You Tube. I had heard about the footage where Senator Obama is standing for the national anthem, but not holding his heart...so we found it. Watching that video was really amazing. Amazing because how can you hear that anthem play and not be so touched in respect that you must hold your hand in it's rightful place. Is this man American??? I can just see it now...Obama at his inaguaration in January 2009. Everyone in the colosseum is standing and touching their chest, but not our new President. How proud of him would I feel, not so much.

It gets better. Obama has recently changed his campaign jet logo...from the American flag to a Red and white striped O, with a blue strip of color underneath. So, if you see the jet, you would think it was a business...not anything like what the Air Force One plane looks like. Which, whatever, is his personal choice, I just thought it to be a little odd. If I was running for President, I know I know, IF...but I would think I would want my flag to be the biggest thing on that dang plane! (screaming now) HELLO!!! (and, singing now) "I'm proud to be an American! And at least I know my flag is on my plane."

Now I know that debates and elections are full of mockery and ways to get people to discuss how the opposing party is wrong, but the fact that the man actually said "he had been to almost all of the 57 states" is priceless. What grade did we learn that in? Like, National History in 7th? And I'm pretty sure before that as well. Aren't our parents kind of supposed to give us a heads up about that, too? Oh wait, his father still lives in Kenya.

Now the man actually stated last night, regarding this new bailout, that He and McCain should not postpone their debate Friday night because a President should be able to juggle numerous things at once. Seriously? The largest bailout in our country since the great depression, and the man thinks there is no need for further discussion and counsel from economic advisors? Is he THAT comfortable just dishing out $700 Large ones without hours of counsel? Given, he is not the one making the decision, but he will be (possibly) the one taking over this plan in a few months. It will be effective in June 2009.

I get that John McCain didn't know how many houses he had, and that he is old and looks dead most of the time, yatta yatta. If I had all of the money that man had I would probably have homes all over and I would have to see the number before saying the wrong one. He was trying to be honest, and if he dies during his term, we will still have Palin. The woman just had a baby and she is like 50. At least the man knows the dang national anthem when it is played, and has a stinkin' clue about our military. Obby has been a Senator like 160 days. Harrison is older than that.

So, in conclusion, I will be looking forward to Obama learning our American cultures as he progresses towards the White House, and checking to see how many more comments everyone can make about Sarah Palin and her family. It's a good thing we are all perfect or how would we ever choose a candidate? Hmmm.

VOTE VOTE VOTE in less than 50 days!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "57 states" thing or the repeated, "fundamentals of our economy are strong!" You got to love You Tube for good hits--it's the only way I can get through this election season, that and the John Stewart show. Bring on the debates!

We were in Quincy a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Enjoy the beautiful NE Autumn with your cute little guy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing your research! Too many of the Voters are not even thinking about who they will vote for. Some of them will even decide right before the enter the voting booth. Heaven help us!

Nona

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

I too appreciate your research. I have been researching the mess out of these people and have come to the same conclusions as you my friend. I am cracking up when I read your blogs b/c these are all the things I have not had time to type on mine! Loves you. Give H a smooch for me.