8.21.2008

Baby is a little lady!

Today we had our structural ultrasound at the OB office. I am loving the midwifes, and the nursing staff there. They are doing good with us. I have been a bit hesitant about the entire experience because in the end I will not know who will deliver...it will be who is on call. YIKES! Sorry, that slipped out. I am dealing with it now, but it still makes me nauseated when I stop to think about it. "Hi, who are you? And you're here to do what?" Like I said, I'm dealing.

So we were sitting in the room with Stacey, our ultrasound tech, and Russ and I were talking to little H while she filled in some data on the screen. All of a sudden she randomly asks us, in dead silence, if we have seen a penis. First off, I'm thinking "Is that even a relevant question. I'm pregnant, twice." Then I realized where I was, pants down, and sitting in the ultrasound chair. Silly/Crazy Me.

I guess that was the way she thought of telling us that we were having a child without a penis. Naturally, that took me a second to get it all together in my head. (I think maybe Stacey should of had better word choice for that suprise...just a thought).

Me and Russ just kind of looked at each other in a state of shock, and then we were so happy for the rest of the day.
Yay! A little girl!

Who knew? I DID, with all the sickness (and hormones)...what else could it be?

I immediately started craving a Whopper Jr with cheese, no onions. So off we went to Burger King, and then TJMaxx (duh!) to buy our first pink outfit for our little lady! And let me just say it is the most precious little outfit I have ever seen!

Our goal this week: H gets a haircut. tears.

6 comments:

Paige said...

Yay, I am so excited for you. Little boys are great but there is nothing like a "Little Lady" in the house.

the fortenberrys said...

Yay for girls! I love little Miss Kinsey and the fact that I had a girl and knew what to do with a little lady. You will be a fun mom for a little girl (and already are for H). Now Kinsey will have a girlie cousin to play dress up with.
Smiles,
Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Yea! But, are you sure she won't have my name?

MOM

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Jan-drop it

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

I am so excited!! There will be 3 little girls in the family now!!

Jenn and Micky Oldham said...

I just have to say how proud I am of you that you used the word "duh" and "tear" in this blog. Ha! Love and miss you!!