8.24.2011

Goodbye Summer

I guess it's close enough to say the truth {although i'm sure I don't want to}, Summer has packed it's little bags. Shoot. Here comes cold weather, then the mounds of snow. So, while I still can, we are heading out to every water play place in town...trying to preserve summer for a little longer.

Doesn't H just look like he was photoshopped right into his own little part of heaven? This is totally H in action.
He is 3...not 6 people
B loves ANYTHING messy, therefore, sand is perfect for her. Wet sand...even better.
She calls this "swimmin like a mermaid" Yep. There is a spraypark in the same park as the man-made lake/beach/sand area. Sometimes I like Missouri. a lot. sometimes.

No matter where we go, Harrison discovers new friends and invites them on his "afternoon adventure."  Here they are fish hunting. This boy is six.

Stealth...like any good fish hunter
                                     Bailynn was having none of this hunting stuff
as she wanted me to bury her feet in the sand. all. morning.


...probably even while this was taking place. Hmmmm.
Where is this little boy's mother?? hello?
Oh, wait I'm over here playing in the sand. So mature.

It was a good day...not even one timeout. Crazy, right? Maybe after being home with them all summer, they now have great respect for when I say "No."

Who am I kidding?

3 comments:

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Love the new layout, design, and photos at the top! Very cute!
Glad to see you posting again. I've missed them and I miss you all!!
Love you!

the fortenberrys said...

so so cute!!! i also love the new layout and especially your header. avery sat here and oohed and ahhed over all the pictures at the top with me. she can't wait to see cousins!!! well neither can kinsey but she didn't see the pictures yet. :) she's busy!

Anonymous said...

Ya! I love, love, love the new blog. Thank you for making my day. Yes, I laughed out loud!

Love, MOM