I love Missouri! Yay! Those words tasted a bit funny coming out of my mouth/head....who EVER would have thought, right? Yep, I admit it, it's growing on me. Just looking at how much there is to do here, and all of the new nice developments going up all around I am really starting to feel at home in the err-huh, Mid-West. Laugh yee all who doubted me :)
As we appreciated our rights and freedom to live a life of just liberties, we also played at a "Water Pad" after a morning full of park fun in the sand and climbing rock walls. Man that was exhausting to type, I can't imagine how tired the kids were! We enjoyed our weekly Saturday Farmer's Market visit (where we pick out our freshly butchered cow yummies and organic veggies), took a wagon ride with Toby, and grilled hamburglers with a side of homemade ice cream and Fireworks...and by fireworks I mean Party Poppers and snapper throw downs. WHOO! The Atkins really know how to party. Maybe one day soon we can have REAL firecrackers, and let me just say these folks do it BIG. If you have ever been to Rockets Over the Red, you know how awesome a show can be...this state has a "Rockets" show in every neighborhood! We put the babies to bed and just sat in our papasan chair together to watch everyone's show. Thanks Mid-Missouri for the free fireworks :) Needless to say, the babies slept until 900am on Monday.
3 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful family holiday! Glad you are feeling at "Home" in Missouri. It is a beautiful place to live (and visit if you are us). What are you feeding my grandbabies? They have grown so much since we were there! Love the Red White and Blue outfits - adorable. Love, MOM
Oh my gosh...Bailynn's hair is so beautiful and long! Harrison is so funny on the side picture with his silly face. Those little ones are so adorable. I really miss them (and you and Russell too, of course)! :) xoxoxo
Actually, B has lost almost all of her appetite...I know you can't tell, but she isn't eating a thing! I guess applesauce counts for something especially since it stains EVERYTHING!! And moo juice.
Her hair has totally come out of nowhere land! I keep looking at pics from just weeks ago, and she looked so little, now we have a little girl. That was unexpected, right?! I guess I may have to stop referring to them as "the babies."
Post a Comment