5.20.2010

Happy Four Years to Us!

Love has little to do with moonlight and balconies and everything to do with patience, acceptance, and hanging in there.

Love can't always move mountains or change the world overnight. But it can open its arms at the end of a long, bad day and welcome you home.

Today, Russ and I celebrated four years of being married. These fours years have flown by...obviously what else happens to your days with kids in the mix? But this past year I feel like we have changed as a couple. We really grew together this year and really learned more about each other than we have in the previous years. I think that is why the above inscription from one of my anniversary cards touched me so. I really had no idea how hard the "real" world would be. It has made it quite comforting to know that Russ didn't either, but that we would figure it out as a team. And, to be honest, I think we have done a stellar job so far :)

Thanks to a not perfect but always learning husband. Thank you for teaching me patience and for the daily reminder that I cannot do everything alone.  I would choose you again, anyday. Thank you for giving me all that I could have dreamed of.

Here is what we did together:
He suprised me by taking off from work! We spent the whole day just doing things together. How Weird is that! We do not ever spend time alone together...or I should say it is rare.

We watched the movie Date Night after a yummy brunch at our fav coffeehouse/bakery. The movie was absolutely histarical. I laughed so hard my head hurt. I think that movie was made for people like us...parents :)

Russ enjoyed his massage while I walked downtown to find some cute things for the babies. I also managed to track down the last standing copy of Avatar in Columbia.

We ate "dunch" (late lunch/dinner) at the best-raved restaurant here...it was insane. Then got to pick up the kiddos :)

It was a perfect time spent with just him.

....off to watch our movie!! (with milkshakes, of course)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Paige- this is Mrs. Cheney!!! Congratulations on four years and your children are darling!It thrills my heart to read all about your family and your life as a young wife and mother. You are still as beautiful as ever - Happy Anniversary!

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

Happy 4th Anniversary!!
Sounds like a great day and the massage was a nice idea!

the fortenberrys said...

it really feels like you guys have been together forever...not just four years! congrats to a great marriage for two wonderful people!!!!